|A few people have asked for the banana cake recipe I used... I found it online, so I do not claim to have created this recipe, I am just passing it on, but I'm sorry I can't find the website now so can post a link!! This is the best recipe I have found for a moist cake rather than the bread-like texture you sometimes get. I wrote the original recipe down and now I cant find the website so i cant add a link, so here is are the directions...|
Moist Banana Cake Recipe
A great way to use over ripe bananas:
4oz (118grms) soft margarine
6oz (177grms) caster sugar
8oz (236grms) self raising flour
2 large eggs
2 ripe bananas
First heat your oven 180C
Grease a 2lb loaf tin
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until they are well mixed. It's best to use the hand mixer for this.
2. Take your eggs and add them to the sugar and butter mix. Using a hand mix beat them well in until the mixture is smooth.
3. Next, using a wooden spoon, mix the flour into the sugar and butter, start by mixing very slowly, taking a couple of spoons at a time. After the flour is mixed in, finish off using the hand mixer for one minute.
4. Take your bananas and mash them in a cup until they make a smooth puree. Add to the cake mixture.
5. Lastly, using your hand mixer beat the banana mash into the mixture.
6. Pour your moist banana cake recipe into a loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes at 180C.
7. After 40 minutes, turn the heat down to 150C and bake for another 30 minutes.
8. Take your loaf tin out of the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before turning it onto a mesh tray.